About Keren Goldenberg
I specialize in criminal defense and practice in the federal and state courts. Prior to opening my own criminal defense practice in 2015, I worked as a public defender for 12 years in New York City and Lowell, MA where I handle the toughest cases against relentless prosecutors and unforgiving judges. I have consistently won great results for my clients under the most challenging circumstances. I have earned the respect and appreciation of my clients by fighting hard for them while showing them kindness and compassion when few others did. I am not afraid to go to trial on the toughest cases for the clients facing the most serious charges.
In 2021 I was elected as a Board Member of the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
When criminal defense lawyers in Massachusetts have questions about their cases, they call me. You should too.
I am often invited to teach and train both new and experienced attorneys at trainings and conferences for the public defender’s office, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, and local bar associations. I train and coach public defenders and private lawyers seeking to improve their skills as criminal defense attorneys. I lecture extensively on a wide range of topics and have established myself as an expert in drug cases. I regularly get calls from lawyers across the state looking for advice and guidance with their drug cases. I co-authored a chapter in Trying Drug Cases in Massachusetts, which is the lawyers’ handbook for representing clients accused of drug crimes. I have been invited to serve as faculty at Harvard Law School’s Trial Advocacy Workshop and the Macaronis Institute for Trial and Appellate Advocacy’s Advanced Evidence Skills program.
- Licensed in Massachusetts, acquired in 2004.
- Currently registered in New York, acquired in 2003.
- Law Offices of Keren Goldenberg 2015-present
- Committee for Public Counsel Services 2004-2015
- Legal Aid Society of New York City 2003-2004
- Committee for Public Counsel Services Jury Skills Training, 2012 & 2013.
- Committee for Public Counsel Services New Lawyer Training, 2012.
- Committee for Public Counsel Services Annual Training Conference, 2009 & 2011.
- Middlesex Defense Attorney Training Conference, 2010.
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2010.
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Uncommon Defenses to Common Cases, 2009.
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2004 – Present; Board Member 2021-present
- Greater Lowell Bar Association, 2004 – Present
OVER 14 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN MORE THAN 1,200 CASES
January 2017 Client who had been found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity was released from custody and not involuntarily committed to a hospital following his trial. Read More October 2016 A judge allowed my motion to dismiss charges against my client because there was insufficient evidence to charge him. Read More October 2016 Attorney Goldenberg’s client was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the Lowell Superior Court yesterday. Read More